• Troop Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Boy scout, above.
- (v. i.) To move in numbers; to come or gather in crowds or troops.
- (n.) A particular roll of the drum; a quick march.
- (n.) A collection of people; a company; a number; a multitude.
- (v. i.) To march on; to go forward in haste.
- (n.) Soldiers, collectively; an army; -- now generally used in the plural.
- (n.) Specifically, a small body of cavalry, light horse, or dragoons, consisting usually of about sixty men, commanded by a captain; the unit of formation of cavalry, corresponding to the company in infantry. Formerly, also, a company of horse artillery; a battery.
- (n.) A company of stageplayers; a troupe.
• Trooper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mounted policeman.
- (n.) A soldier in a body of cavalry; a cavalryman; also, the horse of a cavalryman.