• Truth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The practice of speaking what is true; freedom from falsehood; veracity.
- (n.) That which is true or certain concerning any matter or subject, or generally on all subjects; real state of things; fact; verity; reality.
- (n.) Conformity to rule; exactness; close correspondence with an example, mood, object of imitation, or the like.
- (n.) A true thing; a verified fact; a true statement or proposition; an established principle, fixed law, or the like; as, the great truths of morals.
- (n.) Righteousness; true religion.
- (v. t.) To assert as true; to declare.
- (n.) The quality or being true; as: -- (a) Conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that which is, or has been; or shall be.
- (n.) Fidelity; constancy; steadfastness; faithfulness.
• Truth-lover Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who loves the truth.
• Truthness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Truth.