• Turtle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The turtledove.
- (n.) Any one of the numerous species of Testudinata, especially a sea turtle, or chelonian.
- (n.) The curved plate in which the form is held in a type-revolving cylinder press.
• Turtlehead Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An American perennial herb (Chelone glabra) having white flowers shaped like the head of a turtle. Called also snakehead, shell flower, and balmony.
• Turtleback Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A rude stone celt of a form suggesting the back of a turtle.
- (n.) A convex deck at the bow or stern of a vessel, so made to shed the seas quickly.