• Viole Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vial.
• Violet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of small violet-colored butterflies belonging to Lycaena, or Rusticus, and allied genera.
- (n.) The color of a violet, or that part of the spectrum farthest from red. It is the most refrangible part of the spectrum.
- (n.) Dark blue, inclining to red; bluish purple; having a color produced by red and blue combined.
- (n.) Any plant or flower of the genus Viola, of many species. The violets are generally low, herbaceous plants, and the flowers of many of the species are blue, while others are white or yellow, or of several colors, as the pansy (Viola tricolor).
- (n.) In art, a color produced by a combination of red and blue in equal proportions; a bluish purple color.
• Violet-ear Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any tropical humming bird of the genus Petasophora, having violet or purplish ear tufts.