• Vocation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A call; a summons; a citation; especially, a designation or appointment to a particular state, business, or profession.
- (n.) Destined or appropriate employment; calling; occupation; trade; business; profession.
- (n.) The bestowment of Gods distinguishing grace upon a person or nation, by which that person or nation is put in the way of salvation; as, the vocation of the Jews under the old dispensation, and of the Gentiles under the gospel.
- (n.) A call to special religious work, as to the ministry.
- (n.) A calling by the will of God.