• Void Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no incumbent; unoccupied; -- said of offices and the like.
- (a.) Not producing any effect; ineffectual; vain.
- (a.) Of no legal force or effect, incapable of confirmation or ratification; null. Cf. Voidable, 2.
- (a.) Being without; destitute; free; wanting; devoid; as, void of learning, or of common use.
- (n.) An empty space; a vacuum.
- (a.) To render void; to make to be of no validity or effect; to vacate; to annul; to nullify.
- (a.) Containing no immaterial quality; destitute of mind or soul.
- (a.) To remove the contents of; to make or leave vacant or empty; to quit; to leave; as, to void a table.
- (v. i.) To be emitted or evacuated.
- (a.) To throw or send out; to evacuate; to emit; to discharge; as, to void excrements.
- (a.) Containing nothing; empty; vacant; not occupied; not filled.
• Voidness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being void; /mptiness; vacuity; nullity; want of substantiality.
• Voiding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Void
- (n.) That which is voided; that which is ejected or evacuated; a remnant; a fragment.
- (n.) The act of one who, or that which, v/ids.
- (a.) Receiving what is ejected or voided.