• Waist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A girdle or belt for the waist.
- (n.) That part of the human body which is immediately below the ribs or thorax; the small part of the body between the thorax and hips.
- (n.) A garment, or part of a garment, which covers the body from the neck or shoulders to the waist line.
- (n.) Hence, the middle part of other bodies; especially (Naut.), that part of a vessels deck, bulwarks, etc., which is between the quarter-deck and the forecastle; the middle part of the ship.
• Waistcoateer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One wearing a waistcoat; esp., a woman wearing one uncovered, or thought fit for such a habit; hence, a loose woman; strumpet.
• Waistcloth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A covering of canvas or tarpaulin for the hammocks, stowed on the nettings, between the quarterdeck and the forecastle.
- (n.) A cloth or wrapper worn about the waist; by extension, such a garment worn about the hips and passing between the thighs.