Watch Meaning in Urdu
Watch meaning in English to Urdu is رات کو جاگنا (Raat ko jagna). Watch synonym words are included Ascertain, Catch, Check, Determine, Follow, Learn, Lookout, Observe, Picket, Scout, See, Sentinel, Sentry, Spotter, Ticker, View, Vigil. Similar words of Watch are also commonly used in daily talk like as Watch, Watchfully, and Watchword.
Watch Sentence & Examples
- Does your watch lose time?.
- I have a watch too.
- I have set my watch by the clocktower.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Watch Definition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) A small timepiece, or chronometer, to be carried about the person, the machinery of which is moved by a spring.
- (v. i.) One who watches, or those who watch; a watchman, or a body of watchmen; a sentry; a guard.
- (v. i.) The period of the night during which a person does duty as a sentinel, or guard; the time from the placing of a sentinel till his relief; hence, a division of the night.
- (v. t.) To tend; to guard; to have in keeping.
- (v. i.) To be expectant; to look with expectation; to wait; to seek opportunity.
- (n.) That part, usually one half, of the officers and crew, who together attend to the working of a vessel for an allotted time, usually four hours. The watches are designated as the port watch, and the starboard watch.
- (n.) An allotted portion of time, usually four hour for standing watch, or being on deck ready for duty. Cf. Dogwatch.
- (v. i.) The act of watching; forbearance of sleep; vigil; wakeful, vigilant, or constantly observant attention; close observation; guard; preservative or preventive vigilance; formerly, a watching or guarding by night.
- (v. i.) The post or office of a watchman; also, the place where a watchman is posted, or where a guard is kept.
- (v. i.) To be awake; to be or continue without sleep; to wake; to keep vigil.
- (v. i.) To remain awake with any one as nurse or attendant; to attend on the sick during the night; as, to watch with a man in a fever.
- (v. t.) To give heed to; to observe the actions or motions of, for any purpose; to keep in view; not to lose from sight and observation; as, to watch the progress of a bill in the legislature.
- (v. i.) To be attentive or vigilant; to give heed; to be on the lookout; to keep guard; to act as sentinel.
- (v. i.) To serve the purpose of a watchman by floating properly in its place; -- said of a buoy.
Watch Urdu Meaning with Definition
Watch is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Watch meaning in Urdu is a رات کو جاگنا - Raat ko jagna. Watch word is driven by the English language. Watch word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Watch meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Watch stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Watch word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Watch, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Watch Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary