• Weighed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Weigh
• Weigh Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To examine by the balance; to ascertain the weight of, that is, the force with which a thing tends to the center of the earth; to determine the heaviness, or quantity of matter of; as, to weigh sugar; to weigh gold.
- (v. i.) To bear heavily; to press hard.
- (v. t.) To pay, allot, take, or give by weight.
- (v. i.) To be considered as important; to have weight in the intellectual balance.
- (v. t.) To consider as worthy of notice; to regard.
- (v. i.) To judge; to estimate.
- (v. t.) To examine or test as if by the balance; to ponder in the mind; to consider or examine for the purpose of forming an opinion or coming to a conclusion; to estimate deliberately and maturely; to balance.
- (n.) A certain quantity estimated by weight; an English measure of weight. See Wey.
- (v. i.) To have weight; to be heavy.
- (v. t.) To be equivalent to in weight; to counterbalance; to have the heaviness of.
- (n.) A corruption of Way, used only in the phrase under weigh.
- (v. t.) To bear up; to raise; to lift into the air; to swing up; as, to weigh anchor.