• Wilding Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not tame, domesticated, or cultivated; wild.
- (n.) A wild or uncultivated plant; especially, a wild apple tree or crab apple; also, the fruit of such a plant.
• Wild Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Wildly; as, to talk wild.
- (n.) An uninhabited and uncultivated tract or region; a forest or desert; a wilderness; a waste; as, the wilds of America; the wilds of Africa.
- (superl.) Savage; uncivilized; not refined by culture; ferocious; rude; as, wild natives of Africa or America.
- (superl.) Desert; not inhabited or cultivated; as, wild land.
- (superl.) Hard to steer; -- said of a vessel.
- (superl.) Growing or produced without culture; growing or prepared without the aid and care of man; native; not cultivated; brought forth by unassisted nature or by animals not domesticated; as, wild parsnip, wild camomile, wild strawberry, wild honey.
- (superl.) Indicating strong emotion, intense excitement, or /ewilderment; as, a wild look.
- (superl.) Not submitted to restraint, training, or regulation; turbulent; tempestuous; violent; ungoverned; licentious; inordinate; disorderly; irregular; fanciful; imaginary; visionary; crazy.
- (superl.) Exposed to the wind and sea; unsheltered; as, a wild roadstead.
- (superl.) Living in a state of nature; inhabiting natural haunts, as the forest or open field; not familiar with, or not easily approached by, man; not tamed or domesticated; as, a wild boar; a wild ox; a wild cat.