• Wryneck Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A twisted or distorted neck; a deformity in which the neck is drawn to one side by a rigid contraction of one of the muscles of the neck; torticollis.
- (n.) Any one of several species of Old World birds of the genus Jynx, allied to the woodpeckers; especially, the common European species (J. torguilla); -- so called from its habit of turning the neck around in different directions. Called also cuckoos mate, snakebird, summer bird, tonguebird, and writheneck.
• Wrynecked Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a distorted neck; having the deformity called wryneck.