1. Preheat oven to 350^.
2. In skillet, poach the chicken breasts until tender, Set aside.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in skillet.
4. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Slowly add cream and chicken stock, stirring until smooth and thickened.
6. Season with the salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and herbs, Set aside.
7. Saute mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
8. Place the chicken in a 2 quart casserole and top with mushrooms.
9. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
10. Pour sauce over and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
11. Remove from oven.
12. Sprinkle with almonds.
13. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
14. Peel and slice 1 or 2 avocados lengthwise.
15. Place over casserole before serving.