1. Preheat oven to 165°C. Set four custard cups, or small ramekins, into a baking tray and fill the tray with water to 1/3 of the height of the cups. Set aside.
2. Heat the cream until scalding. Remove from the heat.
3. Beat the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract together until foamy. Gradually add the hot cream, stirring constantly.
4. Divide the mixture between the cups and bake for 50mints, or until the tip of a knife comes out clean when inserted in the custard.
5. Sprinkle each cup with a little nutmeg and serve warm or cold.