For the topping
1. Cut each tomato into 2 pieces vertically and gently remove all the seeds and pulp.
2. Chop the firm tomatoes into small pieces, add in all the other ingredients and mix well.
3. Keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Drain out the excess liquid.
How to proceed
1. Brush some olive oil and garlic onto each French bread slice and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 3 to 4 minutes till each is lightly toasted.
2. Spoon out the topping mixture generously onto each slice and serve immediately.