1. Wash chicken pieces and pat dry.
2. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
3. In large skillet or Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil remove chicken.
4. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the fat.
5. Add onion and garlic cook and stir until onion is tender.
6. Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients except spaghetti and cheese.
7. Cover tightly, cook chicken slowly, 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until tender, stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary. 8. Skim off excess fat.
9. Serve on spaghetti sprinkle with parmesan cheese.