1. Shashlik: With the blunt side of a heavy knife lightly pound the chicken.
2. Combine all ingredients for shashlik except oil and marinate the chicken pieces in it for ½ hour.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken. Remove to another pan.
4. Add a little oil to the frying pan heat and add vegetables. Add the vegetable sauce ingredients while stirring.
5. Stir-fry for three minutes and add to chicken. Make the shashlik sauce by cooking together all sauce ingredients quickly.
6. Rice for Shashlik: Boil rice. Heat oil; add garlic and fry to a light brown colour. Add rice and fry it quickly.
7. Pile chicken in the middle of a round dish and put rice around it. Pour the shashlik sauce over the chicken and serve.