1. For marinade, combine 1 Tbsp of the oil, the soy sauce, sherry and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place chicken in a shallow dish.
3. Rub marinade over chicken.
4. Coat lightly with cornstarch.
5. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
6. For lemon sauce, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, ketchup, lemon juice, 1 tsp oil, salt, and 3/4 c water.
7. Bring to a boil, stirring occaisionally.
8. Add dissovled cornstarch and stir until slightly thickened, Keep warm.
9. In a wok or large frying pan, heat remaining oil.
10. Add chicken stir-fry over medium-high heat until golden brown on each side, about 8 minutes.
11. Remove with tongs and cut into 3/4"" wide strips.
12. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
13. Add snow peas, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts to work and stir-fry 2 minutes transfer to heated serving plattter.
14. Top with chicken and spoon lemon sauce over all.