1. Soak kabuli chana overnight in four cups of water.
2. Drain & pressure cook in 4 cups of water with salt & tea leaves tied in piece of muslin cloth, till tender.
3. Remove the muslin cloth bag and drain chickpeas.
4. Soak rice in three cups of water for about half an hour.Drain.
5. Boil four cups of water in a deep pan with salt & green cardamoms, bay leaves & cloves.
6. Add rice and cook till half done. Drain excess water.
7. Marinate boiled chickpeas in yogurt, ginger paste, ginger julienne, half of mint leaves, green chilli paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala & garlic paste.
8. Dissolve saffron in warm milk and mix in kewra water.
9. Place the marinated chickpeas in a deep non-stick pan.
10. Spread cooked rice over the chickpeas evenly.
11. Sprinkle dissolved saffron and half of the coriander leaves over rice.
12. Cover the pan tightly and put on low heat for fifteen minutes or till rice is cooked.
13. Serve hot garnished with remaining coriander leaves and mint leaves.