1. Soak the rice in 3 cups of water for half an hour.Drain.
2. Boil the rice in 6 cups of water, adding a little salt, 2 green cardamoms, 2 black cardamoms, the cloves and 1 stick of cinnamon, till half done.
3. Drain and refresh in cold water and drain again.
4. Grease a knife with oil & cut the jackfruit into slices.
5. Peel & cut into 1 and a half inch cubes.
6. Heat the oil in a kadai & deep fry the jackfruit cubes.
7. Drain & set aside.
8. In the same oil, deep fry half the onions till golden crisp.Drain.
9. In a separate pan, heat 3 tbsp of ghee.
10. Add the shahi jeera and remaining green cardamoms, black cardamom & crushed cinnaomon.
11. Add the remaining onions and saute for a few seconds.
12. Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and continue to saute.
13. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander, chilli powder & continue to saute for 2 minutes.
14. Stir in the fried jackfruit cubes.
15. Add the yogurt, salt & coriander leaves.
16. Soak the saffron in lukewarm milk.
17. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
18. Arrange half the jackfruit mixture in a large oven proof dish.
19. Spread a layer of rice over the jackfruit.
20. Sprinkle saffron milk, garam masala powder, a few mint leaves & few drops of kewra over rice.
21. Layer the rest of jackfruit & rice.
22. Garnish with fried onions, a few mint laeaves and remaining kewra water.
23. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil & cook in oven for 20-25 minutes.
24. Serve hot with raita.