1.To make the kofta:
2.In a grinder, dry grind roasted chana till it becomes fine powder.
3. To the raw keema add salt, a little chilli powder, shahzeera and roasted channa powder.
4. Grind this mixture into a fine paste and make lemon-sized balls and keep aside.
5.To make the curry:
6.In a vessel, take oil & add half garam masala, sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
7. Lower heat & add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt & ground paste.
8. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes while sprinkling some water.
9. Put curd and fry it for another 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Add 2 cups of water and when water boils put the kofta one by one.
11. Cook till the kofta are done and water dries up.
12. In another vessel, take enough water to boil & add remaining garam masala, & 2 tbsp salt.
13. Add rice. When the rice is three fourth cooked, drain out in a strainer.
14. In a thick bottom vessel spread half of ghee at bottom and pour half of the rice over it.
15. Spread out the kofta and the masala above it.
16. Sprinkle lime juice, coriander and mint leaves and green chillis.
17. Cover this again with a fresh layer of rice.
18. Put rest of the ghee on top with fried cashew nuts for garnishing.
19. Cover the vessel with a foil and a lid.
20. Put it on a medium flame for 12 to 15 minutes.
21. Mix slowly ensuring that the koftas do not break.
22. Serve hot with dahi ki chutney.