1. The prawns: Shell, de-vein, wash and pat dry.
2. The vegetables: Peel, wash and chop onions. Peel garlic.
3. Clean, wash and chop coriander.
4. The paste: Put garlic, whole red chilies, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin seeds and red chili pd in a blender, add water (approx. 60ml / ¼ cup) and make a fine paste.
5. Heat ghee in a handi, add onions and sauté over medium heat until golden brown.
6. Add the paste and bhuno until the fat leaves the masala.
7. Then add prawns, bhuno for a minute, add water (approx. 500ml / 2 cups), bring to a boil and simmer until prawns are cooked.
8. Now add tamarind, jaggery, the chopped coriander and lemon juice, stir for 2 minutes.
9. Adjust the seasoning.
10. To serve: Remove to a dish and serve with brown rice.