1. Wash and cut up the meat into 2-inch cubes.
2. Slice the onions into thin long pieces.
3. Finely slice ginger and garlic separately.
4. Heat a tsp of ghee on a tava and roast the chilies till dark in color.
5. Fry the coriander seeds, garlic and ginger separately in the same way, using just 1 tsp ghee for each ingredient.
6. Keep these fried spices aside.
7. In a large saucepan, heat the remaining ghee and fry the onions till golden brown and crisp, drain and keep aside.
8. Now add the cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon to the ghee and fry, put in the mutton and turmeric powder and salt.
9. Cover and cook till the meat is half cooked.
10. Pour a little water on the lid of the saucepan while cooking to avoid the meat sticking to the bottom.
11. Use a saucepan with a plate shaped lid.
12. Add cord and remaining spices. Mix and cook on a low heat till meat is tender.
13. If necessary, add a cup of warm water, just before serving mix in the lemon juice and fried onion slices.
14. Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.