1. Beat half the yogurt with coriander powder, ginger, chilli powder, lemon juice, oil and salt to a creamy smoothness .
2. Add onions and meat cut into 2 inch cubes.
3. Leave to marinate for an hour.
4. In the other half of the yogurt add turmeric and garam masala and whisk.
5. Add the meat mixture and transfer to a pan.
6. Put pan on stove and heat slowly till mixture begins to simmer.
7. Cover and cook on low heat for 40 minutes till meat is almost done.
8. Remove lid and let all moisture evaporate till only a thick sauce-like coating remains on the meat pieces.
9. Skewer meat pieces and roast in a medium hot tandoor or grill lightly on a tray.
10. Turning regularly till all sides are evenly browned.
11. Remove from skewers and serve hot with any Indian bread or rice.