Beat eggs till they are fluffy then add sugar and beat both the things very well.
- Add vanilla essence in the egg mixture and mix it well.
- Sieve flour (maida) and baking powder 3 times (for good result).
- Now fold this flour and baking powder mixture in egg and sugar mixture (with spatula in clock wise direction, do not use beater).
- Grease 8x8 square pan and sprinkle some flour, then pour this batter in it.
- Bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 oC.
- When cake is baked, place it on wire rack to make it cool.
- Slice the cake in two halves, on the bottom half of sponge, pour some pineapple syrup, and then apply icing evenly, then place pineapple chunks. Cover with the other half on top. Now in the same manner, pour some pineapple syrup all over it, apply icing evenly on top.
- Cut in rectangular pieces. Decorate with pineapple chunks and cherries. Delicious pastries are ready.
Beat fresh cream, when it starts to get thick then start adding icing sugar. Keep it in freezer for some time and then do the icing.
You can also make pineapple cake with the same recipe, if you wish you can bake the cake in round cake pan instead of square pan, and decorate it like you decorate full cake.