1. Shell and devein the prawns.
2. Leave the tails on for presentation. Make 3 slant cuts in each prawn to keep from shrinking.
3. Marinate them with salt,garlic and white pepper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. To make the batter,sift both flours together in a bowl.
5. Add egg and soda water to make the thick paste and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
6. In a wok, heat Dalda Cooking Oil on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
7. Dip each prawn in the batter and deep fry until golden brown are cooked throughly.
8. It is best to fry the prawns in batches to allow the batter to rise fully.
9. Place the prawns on a tissue and serve with stir fried vegetables.