1.First powder all the spices together very finely and sieve so that stalks, etc are separated from the powder.
2. Then cut the mutton into medium sized cubes.
3. Slice the onions and chop the coriander leaves, garlic and ginger separately.
4. Place the ghee in a saucepan and add most of the onions and the curry leaves.
5. Fry until the onions are golden brown, then add the powdered spices.
6. Fry well and sprinkle with a little water so that they do not burn.
7. Add the chopped coriander, ginger, garlic and remaining onions, with enough salt to taste.
8. Finally, add the mutton and fry for several minutes.
9. Pour in sufficient water to cover the meat and simmer until quite tender.
10. Then remove the lid and let the meat cook gently until practically all the water has evaporated and a small quantity of gravy is left, sufficient to coat the meat.
11. Garnish as desired.