1. Boil the potatoes in their skins for 5 minutes.
2. Then peel off the skins.
3. Cut a cross on the potatoes, taking care not to split them apart.
4. Heat one-tablespoon oil in a pan and stir fry all the spices for a few minutes till they are roasted.
5. Leave to cool. Take a small amount of spice mixture and fill into the cut potatoes.
6. Press firmly so that the filling does not come out.
7. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
8. Heat the oil in a wok or a deep frying pan, lower heat and deep-fry two potatoes at a time.
9. When the potatoes begin to turn red removes from the heat and places them in a heavy based pan.
10. When all the potatoes are done, squeeze lemon juice on them and cover.
11. Place the pan on a heavy griddle (tava), tightly close the lid and cook on very low heat for 10-15 minutes.
12. Ready to serve.