1. Pick and wash rice in plenty of water and then soak for about half an hour.
2. Drain well. Boil rice in salted boiling water until completely cooked.
3. Drain and keep warm. Wash, peel and cut carrots into half centimetre cubes.
4. Wash lemon grass stalk. Separate cauliflower into small florets and wash them.
5. Soak them in warm salted water and keep aside.
6. Cut cabbage into half centimetre chunks.
7. Clean, wash and trim spinach leaves.
8. Dissolve corn flour in half cup water.
9. Take three cups of water in a pan, add lemon grass, star anise & carrots and bring it to a boil.
10. Continue to cook in boiling water for three minutes, reduce heat & add green peas & cauliflower florets.
11. Simmer till green peas and carrots are just done.
12. Stir in cabbage and spinach leaves.
13. Season with salt and crushed pepper corn.
14. Add soya sauce, bring it to boil & stir in corn flour dissolved in water while stirring continuously.
15. Simmer for half a minute.
16. Arrange rice in a large service bowl and pour cooked vegetables over rice & sprinkle sesame oil on top.
17. Serve immediately.