1. Heat a non stick pan. Add bay leaves, half pepper corns & onions & roast untill onions turns.
2. Add garlic, celery & 3 tbsp of water.Stir & add carrots & tomatoes.
3. Reserve 6 basil leaves for garnishing and add the rest to the tomatoes.Stir & add salt.
4. Cook on medium heat till the tomatoes soften.Add 3 cups of water & bring to boil.
5. Cover & cook for 10-15 minutes.
6. Pass mixture through the strainer & reserve the liquid.
7. Remove pepper corns & bay leaves from the residue and allow it to cool.
8. Process in blender to get a smooth puree.Roast gram flour in another pan till fragrant.
9. Add the pureed tomatoes & mix.Add reserved liquid and adjust consistency.
10. Place the pan on heat.
11. Add sugar, salt, remaining peppercorns and let the soup simmer for a couple of minute.
12. Strain & bring to boil again.
13. Garnish with the reserved basil leaves & serve piping hot.