1/2 cup bajra (black millet) flour
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
• 1 cup grated red pumpkin
• 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
• a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
• 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
• salt to taste
• Other ingredients
• 1 tsp oil for cooking
Mix all the ingredients together, except the oil and make a semi-soft dough using enough water.
Keep covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape into round balls.
Roll out each portion into 125 mm. (5") diameter rounds.
Cook on a non-stick pan, using a little oil, till both sides are lightly browned.
Repeat to make 5 more rotis.