Bolognese Sauce – Treat your guests with Bolognese Sauce recipe posted online from this page. You can make this recipe for lunch or dinner parties as a full course meal. You can get the accurate recipe online from this dedicated page.
1) 1/4 cup olive oil
2) 1 small onion, chopped fine
3) 1 carrot, chopped fine
4) 1 celery stalk, chopped fine
5) 1/4 pound pancetta, chopped coarsely
6) 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, preferably chuck
7) 1-1/2 pound ground pork
8) 2 tablespoons tomato paste
9) 1 28 ounce can imported Italian plum tomatoes, passed through a food mill
10) 1 cup meat broth, hot
11) salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large deep sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, carrot and celery, cook stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the pancetta, ground beef and ground pork, turn heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally until meat is browned, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and meat broth, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Let come to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
6. The sauce should be thick with very little liquid left.