Butternut Bavarois - Easy to make and delicious to taste! Try this amazing Butternut Bavarois recipe and give your taste buds a unique taste. Get the recipe from this page and share it on social media among your friends.
• 700g/ 1½lb butternut squash
• 4 vanilla pods
• 400ml / 14fl oz double cream
• 180g / 6oz unrefined sugar
• 4 gelatin leaves
1. Peel, de-seed and finely chop the butternut squash. Put in a bowl with a splash of water. Cover with cling film and microwave until fully soft (alternatively put the butternut in a pan with a splash of water and cook over a low heat until fully soft). Purée the softened butternut in food processor and pass through a very fine sieve.
2. Weigh 660g / 1lb 5oz of butternut purée and blitz with sugar in a blender. Soak the gelatin in cold water according to directions. Infuse the vanilla pods (scraped) in a third of the cream. Remove the vanilla pods from the cream and add the gelatin, stirring the mixture until the gelatine melts. Whip the rest of the cream until it reaches very soft peaks. Add the gelatine cream to the butternut, fold in the whipped cream and pipe into ramekins. And freeze at least 6hour into refrigerator and then served.