Khatti Methi Moong
Preparing yummy and healthy food is the dream of every mother. Now you can surprise your children with the delicious Khatti Methi Moong. Prepare it at home without any issue and give your feedback about the results.
• 1 cup - whole moong beans
• 1.5 tsp - chopped ginger
• 2 tsp - chopped green chillies
• 4 tbsp - sugar
• 1.5 tbsp - mango powder
• 1/2 tsp - asafoetida
• 1.5 tsp - red chili powder
• 1/2 tsp - turmeric powder
• 1 tsp - salt
• 2 tbsp - ghee
• 2 tbsp - fresh coriander
1. Wash and soak moong beans for minimum 1 hour.
2. Pressure cook with 3 cups of water for upto 4-5 whistles on medium flame or till cooked well and become soft.
3. Open the cooker and mash slightly and then add 3 cups of warm water.
4. Add all the spices and chopped green chili and ginger.
5. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes and then simmer for 15 minutes; keep stirring in between.
6. Now remove from fire and add chopped coriander and ghee,mix well.
7. Serve with boiled rice and kadi with a spoon ful of ghee on top.