Abandon Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Abandon meaning in French délaisser. Abandon meaning has been search 11930 (eleven thousand nine hundred and thirty) times till 10/27/2021. You can also find Abandon meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To cast or drive out; to banish; to expel; to reject.
- (v. t.) To give up absolutely; to forsake entirely ; to renounce utterly; to relinquish all connection with or concern on; to desert, as a person to whom one owes allegiance or fidelity; to quit; to surrender.
- (v. t.) Reflexively: To give (ones self) up without attempt at self-control; to yield (ones self) unrestrainedly; -- often in a bad sense.
- (v. t.) To relinquish all claim to; -- used when an insured person gives up to underwriters all claim to the property covered by a policy, which may remain after loss or damage by a peril insured against.
- (v.) Abandonment; relinquishment.
- (n.) A complete giving up to natural impulses; freedom from artificial constraint; careless freedom or ease.
Multi Language Dictionary