Abate Meaning in Spanish
You have searched the English word Abate meaning in Spanish disminuir. Abate meaning has been search 11168 (eleven thousand one hundred and sixty-eight) times till 10/23/2021. You can also find Abate meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To beat down; to overthrow.
- (v. t.) To bring down or reduce from a higher to a lower state, number, or degree; to lessen; to diminish; to contract; to moderate; to cut short; as, to abate a demand; to abate pride, zeal, hope.
- (v. t.) To deduct; to omit; as, to abate something from a price.
- (v. t.) To blunt.
- (v. t.) To reduce in estimation; to deprive.
- (v. t.) To bring entirely down or put an end to; to do away with; as, to abate a nuisance, to abate a writ.
- (v. t.) To diminish; to reduce. Legacies are liable to be abated entirely or in proportion, upon a deficiency of assets.
- (v. t.) To decrease, or become less in strength or violence; as, pain abates, a storm abates.
- (v. t.) To be defeated, or come to naught; to fall through; to fail; as, a writ abates.
- (n.) Abatement.
Multi Language Dictionary