• Adjust Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make exact; to fit; to make correspondent or conformable; to bring into proper relations; as, to adjust a garment to the body, or things to a standard.
- (v. t.) To put in order; to regulate, or reduce to system.
- (v. t.) To settle or bring to a satisfactory state, so that parties are agreed in the result; as, to adjust accounts; the differences are adjusted.
- (v. t.) To bring to a true relative position, as the parts of an instrument; to regulate for use; as, to adjust a telescope or microscope.
• Adjustable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being adjusted.
• Adjustage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Adjustment.