• Annunciation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The announcement of the incarnation, made by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary.
- (n.) The festival celebrated (March 25th) by the Church of England, of Rome, etc., in memory of the angels announcement, on that day; Lady Day.
- (n.) The act of announcing; announcement; proclamation; as, the annunciation of peace.
• Annunciation lily Definition & Synonyms
- () The common white lily (Lilium candidum). So called because it is usually introduced by painters in pictures of the Annunciation.