Art Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Art meaning in French art. Art meaning has been search 4450 (four thousand four hundred and fifty) times till 10/15/2021. You can also find Art meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
• Art union
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) Cunning; artifice; craft.
- (n.) The black art; magic.
- (n.) Skillful plan; device.
- (n.) Learning; study; applied knowledge, science, or letters.
- () The second person singular, indicative mode, present tense, of the substantive verb Be; but formed after the analogy of the plural are, with the ending -t, as in thou shalt, wilt, orig. an ending of the second person sing. pret. Cf. Be. Now used only in solemn or poetical style.
- (n.) The application of skill to the production of the beautiful by imitation or design, or an occupation in which skill is so employed, as in painting and sculpture; one of the fine arts; as, he prefers art to literature.
- (n.) A system of rules serving to facilitate the performance of certain actions; a system of principles and rules for attaining a desired end; method of doing well some special work; -- often contradistinguished from science or speculative principles; as, the art of building or engraving; the art of war; the art of navigation.
- (n.) Skill, dexterity, or the power of performing certain actions, acquired by experience, study, or observation; knack; as, a man has the art of managing his business to advantage.
- (n.) The employment of means to accomplish some desired end; the adaptation of things in the natural world to the uses of life; the application of knowledge or power to practical purposes.
- (n.) Those branches of learning which are taught in the academical course of colleges; as, master of arts.
- (n.) The systematic application of knowledge or skill in effecting a desired result. Also, an occupation or business requiring such knowledge or skill.
- () An association for promoting art (esp. the arts of design), and giving encouragement to artists.
Multi Language Dictionary