• Assumption Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A festival in honor of the ascent of the Virgin Mary into heaven.
- (n.) The act of taking for granted, or supposing a thing without proof; supposition; unwarrantable claim.
- (n.) The thing supposed; a postulate, or proposition assumed; a supposition.
- (n.) The act of assuming, or taking to or upon ones self; the act of taking up or adopting.
- (n.) The taking of a person up into heaven.
- (n.) The minor or second proposition in a categorical syllogism.