• Blade Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To put forth or have a blade.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a blade.
- (n.) Properly, the leaf, or flat part of the leaf, of any plant, especially of gramineous plants. The term is sometimes applied to the spire of grasses.
- (n.) The broad part of an oar; also, one of the projecting arms of a screw propeller.
- (n.) The four large shell plates on the sides, and the five large ones of the middle, of the carapace of the sea turtle, which yield the best tortoise shell.
- (n.) The scapula or shoulder blade.
- (n.) A sharp-witted, dashing, wild, or reckless, fellow; -- a word of somewhat indefinite meaning.
- (n.) The cutting part of an instrument; as, the blade of a knife or a sword.
- (n.) The principal rafters of a roof.
- (n.) The flat part of the tongue immediately behind the tip, or point.
• Bladed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a blade or blades; as, a two-bladed knife.
- (a.) Composed of long and narrow plates, shaped like the blade of a knife.
- (a.) Divested of blades; as, bladed corn.
• Bladebone Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The scapula. See Blade, 4.