• Booking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Book
• Book Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Account book
- (v. t.) To mark out for; to destine or assign for; as, he is booked for the valedictory.
- (n.) A volume or collection of sheets in which accounts are kept; a register of debts and credits, receipts and expenditures, etc.
- (n.) A part or subdivision of a treatise or literary work; as, the tenth book of "Paradise Lost."
- (n.) A collection of sheets of paper, or similar material, blank, written, or printed, bound together; commonly, many folded and bound sheets containing continuous printing or writing.
- (v. t.) To enter the name of (any one) in a book for the purpose of securing a passage, conveyance, or seat; as, to be booked for Southampton; to book a seat in a theater.
- (v. t.) To enter, write, or register in a book or list.
- (n.) Six tricks taken by one side, in the game of whist; in certain other games, two or more corresponding cards, forming a set.
- (n.) A composition, written or printed; a treatise.
• Booking office Definition & Synonyms
- () An office where passengers, baggage, etc., are registered for conveyance, as by railway or steamship.
- () An office where passage tickets are sold.
• Booking clerk Definition & Synonyms
- () A clerk who registers passengers, baggage, etc., for conveyance, as by railway or steamship, or who sells passage tickets at a booking office.