Boot Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Boot meaning in French botte. Boot meaning has been search 4359 (four thousand three hundred and fifty-nine) times till 8/18/2022. You can also find Boot meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To boot ones self; to put on ones boots.
- (n.) Profit; gain; advantage; use.
- (n.) An apron or cover (of leather or rubber cloth) for the driving seat of a vehicle, to protect from rain and mud.
- (n.) The metal casing and flange fitted about a pipe where it passes through a roof.
- (n.) Remedy; relief; amends; reparation; hence, one who brings relief.
- (v. t.) To put boots on, esp. for riding.
- (n.) An instrument of torture for the leg, formerly used to extort confessions, particularly in Scotland.
- (n.) Booty; spoil.
- (v. t.) To enrich; to benefit; to give in addition.
- (n.) A place for baggage at either end of an old-fashioned stagecoach.
- (v. t.) To profit; to advantage; to avail; -- generally followed by it; as, what boots it?
- (n.) A covering for the foot and lower part of the leg, ordinarily made of leather.
- (v. t.) To punish by kicking with a booted foot.
- (n.) A place at the side of a coach, where attendants rode; also, a low outside place before and behind the body of the coach.
- (n.) That which is given to make an exchange equal, or to make up for the deficiency of value in one of the things exchanged.
Multi Language Dictionary