• Braid Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To start; to awake.
- (v. t.) Deceitful.
- (n.) A narrow fabric, as of wool, silk, or linen, used for binding, trimming, or ornamenting dresses, etc.
- (n.) A quick motion; a start.
- (v. t.) To weave, interlace, or entwine together, as three or more strands or threads; to form into a braid; to plait.
- (v. t.) To mingle, or to bring to a uniformly soft consistence, by beating, rubbing, or straining, as in some culinary operations.
- (v. t.) To reproach. [Obs.] See Upbraid.
- (n.) A fancy; freak; caprice.
- (n.) A plait, band, or narrow fabric formed by intertwining or weaving together different strands.
• Braided Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. &. p. p.) of Braid
• Braiding Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Braids, collectively; trimming.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Braid
- (n.) The act of making or using braids.