Breed Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Breed meaning in French race. Breed meaning has been search 3474 (three thousand four hundred and seventy-four) times till 11/30/2021. You can also find Breed meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. i.) To be formed in the parent or dam; to be generated, or to grow, as young before birth.
- (v. i.) To raise a breed; to get progeny.
- (v. i.) To have birth; to be produced or multiplied.
- (v. t.) To take care of in infancy, and through the age of youth; to bring up; to nurse and foster.
- (n.) A race or variety of men or other animals (or of plants), perpetuating its special or distinctive characteristics by inheritance.
- (v. t.) To educate; to instruct; to form by education; to train; -- sometimes followed by up.
- (v. t.) To produce or obtain by any natural process.
- (n.) A number produced at once; a brood.
- (v. t.) To engender; to cause; to occasion; to originate; to produce; as, to breed a storm; to breed disease.
- (n.) Class; sort; kind; -- of men, things, or qualities.
- (v. t.) To raise, as any kind of stock.
- (v. t.) To produce as offspring; to bring forth; to bear; to procreate; to generate; to beget; to hatch.
- (v. t.) To give birth to; to be the native place of; as, a pond breeds fish; a northern country breeds stout men.
- (v. i.) To bear and nourish young; to reproduce or multiply itself; to be pregnant.
Multi Language Dictionary