• Cam Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A projecting part of a wheel or other moving piece so shaped as to give alternate or variable motion to another piece against which it acts.
- (n.) A ridge or mound of earth.
- (n.) A turning or sliding piece which, by the shape of its periphery or face, or a groove in its surface, imparts variable or intermittent motion to, or receives such motion from, a rod, lever, or block brought into sliding or rolling contact with it.
- (a.) Crooked.
- (n.) A curved wedge, movable about an axis, used for forcing or clamping two pieces together.
• Camber Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut bend to an upward curve; to construct, as a deck, with an upward curve.
- (n.) An upward convexity of a deck or other surface; as, she has a high camber (said of a vessel having an unusual convexity of deck).
- (n.) An upward concavity in the under side of a beam, girder, or lintel; also, a slight upward concavity in a straight arch. See Hogback.
- (v. i.) To curve upward.
• Camelot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Camelet.