• Car Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vehicle adapted to the rails of a railroad.
- (n.) The basket, box, or cage suspended from a balloon to contain passengers, ballast, etc.
- (n.) A small vehicle moved on wheels; usually, one having but two wheels and drawn by one horse; a cart.
- (n.) The stars also called Charless Wain, the Great Bear, or the Dipper.
- (n.) A floating perforated box for living fish.
- (n.) The cage of a lift or elevator.
- (n.) A chariot of war or of triumph; a vehicle of splendor, dignity, or solemnity.
• Car mile Definition & Synonyms
- () A mile traveled by a single car, taken as a unit of computation, as in computing the average travel of each car of a system during a given period.