Chestnut Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Chestnut meaning in French châtaigne. Chestnut meaning has been search 2982 (two thousand nine hundred and eighty-two) times till 5/17/2022. You can also find Chestnut meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) The horse chestnut (often so used in England).
- (n.) The tree itself, or its light, coarse-grained timber, used for ornamental work, furniture, etc.
- (n.) The edible nut of a forest tree (Castanea vesca) of Europe and America. Commonly two or more of the nuts grow in a prickly bur.
- (n.) One of the round, or oval, horny plates on the inner sides of the legs of the horse, and allied animals.
- (a.) Of the color of a chestnut; of a reddish brown color; as, chestnut curls.
- (n.) An old joke or story.
- (n.) A bright brown color, like that of the nut.
Multi Language Dictionary