Cord Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Cord meaning in French corde. Cord meaning has been search 3543 (three thousand five hundred and forty-three) times till 2/5/2023. You can also find Cord meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (n.) Any structure having the appearance of a cord, esp. a tendon or a nerve. See under Spermatic, Spinal, Umbilical, Vocal.
- (n.) A string, or small rope, composed of several strands twisted together.
- (v. t.) To arrange (wood, etc.) in a pile for measurement by the cord.
- (n.) See Chord.
- (n.) A solid measure, equivalent to 128 cubic feet; a pile of wood, or other coarse material, eight feet long, four feet high, and four feet broad; -- originally measured with a cord or line.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Core
- (v. t.) To bind with a cord; to fasten with cords; to connect with cords; to ornament or finish with a cord or cords, as a garment.
- (n.) Fig.: Any moral influence by which persons are caught, held, or drawn, as if by a cord; an enticement; as, the cords of the wicked; the cords of sin; the cords of vanity.
Multi Language Dictionary