• Country Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Rural regions, as opposed to a city or town.
- (adv.) The inhabitants or people of a state or a region; the populace; the public. Hence: (a) Ones constituents. (b) The whole body of the electors of state; as, to dissolve Parliament and appeal to the country.
- (a.) Pertaining to the regions remote from a city; rural; rustic; as, a country life; a country town; the country party, as opposed to city.
- (a.) Destitute of refinement; rude; unpolished; rustic; not urbane; as, country manners.
- (adv.) The inhabitants of the district from which a jury is drawn.
- (adv.) A jury, as representing the citizens of a country.
- (a.) Pertaining, or peculiar, to ones own country.
- (adv.) A tract of land; a region; the territory of an independent nation; (as distinguished from any other region, and with a personal pronoun) the region of ones birth, permanent residence, or citizenship.
- (adv.) The rock through which a vein runs.
• Country seat Definition & Synonyms
- () A dwelling in the country, used as a place of retirement from the city.
• Country club Definition & Synonyms
- () A club usually located in the suburbs or vicinity of a city or town and devoted mainly to outdoor sports.