Creep Meaning in French
You have searched the English word Creep meaning in French peur. Creep meaning has been search 4445 (four thousand four hundred and forty-five) times till 8/11/2022. You can also find Creep meaning and Translation in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Spanish, French and other languages.
Definition & Synonyms
Definition & Meaning
- (v. t.) To grow, as a vine, clinging to the ground or to some other support by means of roots or rootlets, or by tendrils, along its length.
- (n.) The act or process of creeping.
- (v. i.) To drag in deep water with creepers, as for recovering a submarine cable.
- (v. t.) To have a sensation as of insects creeping on the skin of the body; to crawl; as, the sight made my flesh creep. See Crawl, v. i., 4.
- (v. t.) To move or behave with servility or exaggerated humility; to fawn; as, a creeping sycophant.
- (v. t.) To move along the ground, or on any other surface, on the belly, as a worm or reptile; to move as a child on the hands and knees; to crawl.
- (n.) A distressing sensation, or sound, like that occasioned by the creeping of insects.
- (v. t.) To move in a stealthy or secret manner; to move imperceptibly or clandestinely; to steal in; to insinuate itself or ones self; as, age creeps upon us.
- (v. t.) To move slowly, feebly, or timorously, as from unwillingness, fear, or weakness.
- (v. t.) To slip, or to become slightly displaced; as, the collodion on a negative, or a coat of varnish, may creep in drying; the quicksilver on a mirror may creep.
- (n.) A slow rising of the floor of a gallery, occasioned by the pressure of incumbent strata upon the pillars or sides; a gradual movement of mining ground.
Multi Language Dictionary